As of 3 April 2020
How we collect your personal information and the types of information we collect.
- You do not have to provide any personal information to us unless you decide to do so.
- Our registration forms require you to enter your name, surname, address, ID number, postal code, email address, and telephone number.
- When you donate money to us we may require additional personal information including your name and address.
- If you wish to make regular donations by way of debit order, we will require the bank account information necessary to do so. Various other locations within our website may invite you to give us certain contact information (e.g., name, address, telephone/fax numbers, email address) and other demographic information (e.g., nationality) if you desire more information about our organisation.
- The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for users of this website and applies, where relevant, in cases where we may engage in a physical collection of personal information.
We do not obtain personal information from third parties.
Unless otherwise indicated, we will not obtain your information from third parties. Should you wish to update your information, please contact us so that we can assist.
How we use your personal information.
“We will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, except where disclosure.”
We may use the contact information you provide to contact you when necessary in relation to your donation or to provide you with information relating to our work at JAM International. You may opt-out of receiving future communications by contacting us and we will assist you.
How we protect your personal information.
- We treat the personal information provided by you with the greatest care and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013.
- We will take appropriate and reasonable measures to prevent loss or unauthorized destruction of, or damage or unlawful access to your personal information.
- Sensitive payment information such as credit card details is never stored with us nor do we have access to them. All payments are made through secure third-party payment portals, over which we have no control. We will not be liable for any loss, theft, or damage arising from the use of the payment portals on this website.
- We may retain your personal information for as long as we are authorised to do so by law or reasonably require it for our lawful business purposes. If you believe that we are no longer authorised to retain your personal information, you may request that we delete it.
How your personal information may be shared.
JAM International assures you that the identity of all who contact us through this website is kept confidential.
We do not rent, sell, or exchange our mailing lists and will never sell or rent your personal information to any third party. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, except where disclosure:
- Is permitted or required by law, for example, a subpoena, regulation or requirement by a government agency in the performance of its duties;
- Protects your legitimate interests; or,
- Is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests or those of the third party to whom the information is disclosed.
We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers and affiliates, some of which are located outside of South Africa.
We may share aggregated statistical information (e.g., the number of visitors to our website), whether gathered by our web servers or through submissions from visitors, with third parties. These statistics do not include your personal information.
Accessing your personal information.
As mentioned, you may request that we delete your personal information. You may also request at any time:
- Confirmation that we hold your personal information;
- Access to the record containing your personal information or a description of the personal information; and
- The identity or categories of third parties who have accessed your personal information.
JAM International Legal Department